Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ready to tat!

All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside the door. I hate to wake you up to say good-bye.

Oh, wait... Dave was up before me this morning! I am ready to go, though. Today, Tollway Tatters are meeting at the Hinsdale Oasis at 10 a.m. If you're in the Chicago area, we'd sure love to have you join us! Look for a bunch of crazy tatters in tie-dye t-shirts, and a table loaded with tatting supplies. We try to sit near Starbucks and the new Panera Bread. I can hardly wait for lunch! 😋

Denise and I braved the rain together to run some errands in Kankakee. We always enjoy ourselves when we're together. We tried out a little restaurant, Carlo's, that Denise had discovered and had a wonderful lunch. We looked at and talked about old sewing machines, family memories that inspired us to become fiber addicts, and... Ice Drops!


Denise has been taking some nature classes, learning about bugs, plants, watersheds... all things I listen to with great interest, although I have no interest in taking the classes myself. Anyway, Denise has been dreaming of tatting Ladybug Ice Drops, and this is her first interpretation. I like it!


I'm continuing to work with Rainbow Splash. I have a little window tin that I'm using to keep them clean.


I also want to see how many I get out of this ball! I'm not sure I'll tat with this color exclusively. Daughter Joanne is coming to visit next week, and she wants to organize my craft supplies for me. I'm pretty sure I'll find some colors I just have to use!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy! I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are wonderful and it will be fun to hear about the meeting 😄❤️😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!!!!!! That trip has been like a mini vacation and I want to thank you all for making the day fun and informative!!!!! :) Can't wait for the next time to join you all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!