Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday spirit

I'm really getting in to the holiday spirit!


Today some new shuttles arrived from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. They arrived in an adorable little box that looks like a book... perfect for a retired librarian! I think my favorite is the white shuttle with the rose. I love roses!


I finished three more Ice Drops today. I'm slowly refilling my tree. It's looking a little bare, because I mailed some off to friends and relatives today. I am truly addicted to making these little ornaments!


I also finished my Spinning Wheel glass mat (Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior) in size 20 Lizbeth #689, Mint Light. Yes, I do love my tatting shuttles, and I try to show how much I love them by using each of them at least once!

11 comments:

  1. With all you shuttle tat so beautifully I am certain your growing shuttle collection know how much you love them. Beautiful Spinnning Wheel. Gorgeous Ice Drops Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ice drops, and beautiful spinning wheel mat,
    Beautiful shuttles, I see you got the that beautiful blue one, I admired it, and the white one is gorgeous. I am sure your collection is loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try to make one. It's been very, very busy but after the guests leave, it's the first thing I'm going to do! Gorgeous, gorgeous shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have fun with them, Michelle! I think I'll be making these year round. You may get tired of looking at them!

      Delete
  4. Your new shuttles are each so different and lovely! I think I like the blue one best! That is a clever box idea. Your "Mint Light" mat is a pretty color I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilee, I am hooked on these shuttles! I do love the blue one!

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog today. I had seen the Ice drops around, and tried my hand at it. Not much luck! After reading your blog am going to give it another try. I'm thinking my crystals might be a little big. Will be watching your blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Margie! If your glass gems are larger than 3/4", you might want to try increasing the stitch count by 2. It's all a matter of fiddling with the pattern. I've made quite a few that I didn't really like, but the turned out to be ones that others loved. If you get stuck, please ask and I will do my best to help!

      Delete
  6. I love the above ice drops. I’m not an experienced tatter, but would love to make some of them. Do you use a pattern and if so, could you post the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!