Sunday, April 3, 2016

Crocus Spinning Wheel

It was a busy day around here. Daughter Joanne and family were on the road back to Minnesota by 8 a.m. I met daughter Carol for lunch, and then we went to see the KVTA production of Aladdin Jr. I made it home by 4, and managed to finish my Crocus Spinning Wheel glass mat!


I love the way this turned out! The pattern is from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. The thread is size 20 hand-dyed thread from my friend Marilee Rockley aka Yarnplayer. Marilee was the first person I knew of who hand-dyed thread, and I eagerly awaited the release of each new color. Hand-dyed thread has a special feel that I love!


Before heading off to meet daughter Carol, I started crocheting a beaded bag for our new second grade teacher who is getting married in September. I've made this bag many times, and I love giving it as a wedding gift! The pattern is by Jacqueline Young and can be found in Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. I hope to have time to finish it before school is out, in addition to working on my weekly Spinning Wheel glass mat and my Concentric Rectangles doily.

There never seems to be enough time to accomplish everything on my list!

4 comments:

  1. If that crocus spinning wheel needs a new home.... : )

    Can't wait to see this bag too. I might have to take up crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieve a lot! I know there's never enough time to get everything done though. Love this spinningwheel in crocus, it's splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the items you are working on and when you mention the time, I picture in my mind the little rabbit on Alice in wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see this beautiful wedding gift beaded bag you are crocheting when t is completed.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!