Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer fun

Yesterday was kind of a lazy summer day. The weather was perfect for playing outside, so Grandpa Dave helped the kids build an outdoor water bed and a water canon. The water bed leaked like crazy, but the kids had lots of fun drenching each other. What could possibly be better than a yard full of kids and water shooting everywhere?

Daughter Carol and grandson Aidan grilled hamburgers for dinner. We all ate until we were stuffed, and then we watched a little t.v.

The only crafting I managed to accomplish was to crochet one coaster.


I found this pretty coaster pattern for free. I wanted one that would fit on top of my stone coaster. I drink a lot of ice water in the summer, and the stone coaster just can't absorb all of the condensation. This one is just a little too large.


I'll either try crocheting this pattern in sport weight cotton rather than worsted weight, or I'll find a smaller coaster pattern. I want it to be the same size as the stone coaster so that I don't miss and set my cup off the edge. You know what a mess that would create!

6 comments:

  1. What fun you're all having. I love the little coaster. The colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the simple beauty of this coaster.
    You may not want to drench the stone coaster, but the kids don't mind at all, do they ;-P What fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea about the coaster. I've also noticed that the stone types don't absorb as much as they should. And yes the crocheted one should be the exact same size!

    Sure sounds like 'fun in the sun - and water' at your house!
    I'm so glad you're having a great visit! Lots of excitement going on!

    I'm trying follow your lead and organize my crafts - for the 3,000th time! But I'm not getting too far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Summer fun sounds wonderful! Ah, thanks for explaining why the coaster must be the same size as the stone one, I understand now. That's a pretty pattern, I hope it'll work out in a smaller thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mat, beautiful colouring, thanks for explaining why you want it an exact size.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!