Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rainy days and Fridays

I know the song is "Rainy Days and Mondays," however here in Illinois it rained almost all day Friday. I wish I could send some of it to some of you who are experiencing severe dry conditions. We really don't need any more.

With all the rain, there really wasn't much for the kids to do outside, so we made pillowcases!


The kids chose their fabrics. Eva did most of the sewing on her pillowcase. Aidan supervised the making of his. This is my favorite pillowcase pattern, called the Burrito style. Directions can be found here. I like this pattern because there are no raw edges, and it makes up quickly.


Last night the kids wanted to watch RV with Robin Williams. The language is a little rough, but it is very funny. While we were watching, I finished up another dishcloth. The kids love the zebra look!

5 comments:

  1. I like the zebra too! I followed the link, thanks. Boggles the mind a little, but makes a very neat pillowcase. Good project for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, it does boggle the mind a little, but once you've made one, it's like eating potato chips... you can't stop at just one!

      Delete
    2. Very interesting way of sewing the pillow case !!! Thanks for sharing the link :-)
      The best way to watch tele, in my opinion -- While eyes watch, let hands create :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your zebra look, great to get the kids into useful stuff,
    It's wet here today but we expected it being only a few miles from Glastonbury it woukd not be Glastonbury pop festival without rain.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! Making pillowcases sounds like a great idea!! :)
    Wow!! Eva has grown since I saw her a couple of years ago!! She is growing into a beautiful young lady!! :)
    Nice dishcloth!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!