Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Myra


I dug into my stash today and pulled out a ball of size 20 Omega that I've had for ages. These are motifs No. 9 and No. 10. There are times when I don't think multi-colored or variegated threads work well, and these motifs are an example. I think they would look much better in a solid color. I do like the feel of the thread, and I think it would look good in my favorite pattern, Spinning Wheel glass mat by Mary Konior.


I had a request for a bag that would hold a Kindle keyboard, so I set to work today. I really love this one made out of bamboo. It is so soft!


This one is a little firmer fabric, and the fit is little more snug.


This one is also a snug fit, but I love the colors!

I think I may play with bag sizes tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to make a bag that's a little more square than rectangular. I have a hard time understanding how the fabric will work into a bag, but I think I've worked out how to get the look I'd like to achieve. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

5 comments:

  1. I think you're right, multicolour thread is not always appropriate. I do want to see that thread in the Spinningwheel. Love the stripey bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Variegated thread has its place and some things look great in them but others look so much better in solid colors. I second Jane, I'd love to see this in a Spinningwheel mat. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with weaving. I'm sure you'll get the hang of sizing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a continuation of motifs and bags!!! :)
    Love all the differences in all the bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your woven bags are beautiful. Lovely green varigated thread however I do see what you mean about the tatted design. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little motifs are lovely and pretty green thread.
    Your bags look amazing,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!