Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Beaded bag, side 1


I just finished the first side of the beaded bag. I know it looks a little funky on the right side, but all will be well once the two sides are joined and the bag is blocked.

Wouldn't it be cool to design a tatted bag similar to this? I keep thinking about all the beautiful tatting I see on the Internet, and I'm sure someone could come up with a beautiful design. Are there any brave souls out there? I'm not sure I have the skills to design such a piece.


Our yearbook sponsor asked for copies of our senior pictures for a project the kids are doing. I don't think I have a copy of my senior picture, so I scanned the yearbook photo. Who is that skinny kid with the shoulder length hair? I remember being very proud of the fact that my hair flipped on both sides that day!

Do you have your high school senior picture handy? I sure would like to see what you looked like way back then! ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag- I'm no designer but I'd sure make one if someone designed something as lovely as that bag. 1/2 an oval doily...

    That gauntlet has been thrown down now, I wonder if I have a senior picture here- love those flips though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, there is a picture here somewhere, but I suspect the easiest would be to scan my yearbook too. I will have to hunt that book up.
    As for the bag, I have directions for converting crochet stitches to tatted stitches if that would interest you.
    Otherwise, Michelle's suggestion to use an oval doily might work, but you would need to have a dense stitch count. I made a reticule a year or so ago, if you go to my blog and click on the label for reticule, you should get the posts for it. Here is the link to the post for the finished reticule http://ladytats.blogspot.com/2011/02/reticule-tatting-is-done.html It has to be lined, as the stitches leave too much open space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, so delicate!

    Your smile is the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work on the bag,
    I used to have my hair like that, gosh it seems a very long time ago and shows my age?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you line the bag, or is the crochet dense enough on its own? Looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. My high school photos are in an album somewhere far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is going to be gorgeous!!!! I love how beautiful it looks(even unfinished)! :)
    As for my picture....it would take wayyyy too much digging to get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag. I would love to have the pattern. Can you tell me where you got it?
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just look at you, Cutie Pie!!!

    That made me smile - thanks. You haven’t changed much, only older.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. you had such great hair!! lol! (that is coming from a curly wavy brunette!) Yes, a tatted bag would be an adventure and I'd have to be pretty brave to set out on it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beaded bag is stunning. It will be a treasured heirloom for generations. Your senior photo really shows how cute you are. Your hair did really flip perfectly that day. How fun to see the befores. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!