Saturday, May 12, 2012

Periwinkles


Tonight I finished my smallest Spinning Wheel glass mat to date. It's 3 3/4" across, tatted in Sulky Blendables 12 wt, #4056, Periwinkles. I love this thread! I think the 12 wt is softer than the 30 wt, and I was a little concerned that it might be too soft. As I was tatting, it reminded me of Valdani, which is beautiful, but not suitable for some of the pieces I like to tat. With this pattern, the thread works. I'm not sure if I'd use it for a snowflake, though.

Yes, I do have plain shuttles in my collection. They look kind of bland next to the blinged ones! I blinged this SewMate shuttle with scrapbooking paper. I love the paper design, but...


the paper has separated and bubbled up along the tip.


I haven't decided what to do with this shuttle yet. I may try re-gluing the paper, or I may strip the paper off the shuttle and decorate it with something else. I think if I decorate any more pic-tip shuttles, I'll leave the tip alone!

9 comments:

  1. I had that happen once (it was a sewmate too) I agree.. leave the pick alone :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue Wonderful tatting
    and beautiful the shuttle !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you'll need a cat sized needle and some glue for that shuttle; it's beautiful as is your tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour and lovely pattern,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another spinning wheel mat imagine that! Seriously it looks great. I bet you can tat that in your sleep :).
    Sad face on your shuttle. Hard decision since it is truly a cute shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Just wondering what you intend to do with all the stumpies...

    I had that problem with my decorated shuttles as well. What I've done to 'lessen' the problem is a layer (or 2) of modgepodge over the paper. Once that is dry, a layer (or 2) of topcoat. It might 'dull' the point a bit - but I never liked getting my fingers pricked anyway! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!