Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dear, sweet Noreen...


sent me the loveliest surprise package! Noreen claims I started it all, but I think she did... every once in a while, we send each other a little present. This time I received an adorable little organizer bag, a beautiful blue scarf, some luscious thread, and two gorgeous doilies crocheted by Reen!

I didn't start blogging so that I could send or receive gifts, but it seems that blogging brings out a desire to share with others. The gifts we exchange are wonderful, but far more important to me are the friendships I have developed. I love the warm words of encouragement when I try something new, and I get excited about tatting, blinging, crocheting, knitting, sewing, quilting, etc. by reading about what all of my new friends are doing.

Isn't blogging grand?

9 comments:

  1. "tis grand! And marvelous to make wonderful friends around the world, whom we'd never normally meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al igual que tu, mi blog me ha permitido conocer personas increibles e ir construyendo amistades muy hermosas. Tu regalo esta increíble y muy lindo. Disfrutalo mucho

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week you have had!! I`m jealous!!!! Just kidding!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I know why people send you things. It's simple. It's cause you're a smashing person. Tat's all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed - blogging is very grand. :-) It's strange to think how many friends it gives you without actually meeting some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People who tat, crochet or make lace with bobbins know that their gifts will be appreciated by like-minded blogging friends! - (and not always by family members.....)
    That's a lovely doily, makes me feel that I should pick up my hooks again one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, it is grand! And you have summed my feelings about blogging so perfectly, it is surely a sign (of some kind...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gifts indeed. I have found the most generous and compassionate friends here in blogland. A special unexpected treat. Happy Spring and Birds Who Sing...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!