Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tat a little. Chat a little. Pick! Pick! Pick!

That's what happened to me this week! I should have been able to finish this pretty little 6 1/2" doily by Tuesday, but I was tatting while chatting on the phone, and I think I actually spent more time retro-tatting than tatting!


Last Sunday, Carla posted Piccolo Centro on her blog. I really intended to start Jane's T.I.A.S., but this doily called to me, and I just had to start it! The thread is size 20 Lizbeth, color #107, Tropical Fruit. Isn't it mouth-watering?


Yes, I was inspired to bling two shuttles just for this doily. I was able to tat the first two rounds of the doily with these shuttles. The picture doesn't show how pretty they really are. The acrylic shuttle is from Australia, a wonderful eBay find! It's very smooth, and it holds lots of thread. I would have been able to complete the third round without adding thread if I had wound one more yard on the shuttle. I'll remember that for next time.

I think I'll watch The Music Man and tat this afternoon. ; )

5 comments:

  1. WOT? Not started the TIAS yet? Naughty girl!!! There's plenty of time and there's no need to anyway. WHAT a pretty doily. Love the blinged shuttles too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so pretty, Diane.


    Don't feel too bad about the TIAS... I've messed mine up so many times, I'm starting all over again... don't worry - I'm sure you won't be the last one to complete it.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily and shuttles look amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doily and shuttles! You do beautiful work, Diane.
    I've meant to do the TIAS, too...and even did the sample. I've saved the clues and will tat it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Diane.
    The colors are very nice!
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!