Sunday, January 9, 2011

Taking a break from cleaning...

I've been working on my New Year's Resolution... a place for everything and everything in its place. However, I have so much stuff I want to go through, I need to take a break every now and then so that I don't give up! Good news... I've found a home for my back issues of Knitters Magazine! And, as of lunch time today, there is now a clear path to my printer and to my tatting books. I've thrown out three bags of stuff that I'll never finish, don't know where the directions are, or can't stand the colors any more. Don't worry... I made sure it was all worthless before trashing it! By the end of the month, I'm hoping to have my stuff organized enough that I can invite people in to "shop" in my sewing room!


In between work, cooking, and cleaning this week, I managed to finish another Spinning Wheel glass mat in LadyShuttleMaker's Piccadilly, size 20. I wish I could get a good picture of this. The thread is so beautiful in pale green and pink!


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that my favorite pattern is the Spinning Wheel glass mat from Tatting With Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. The flat shuttle is from Grizzly Mountain Arts. The other wood shuttle is one I purchased on eBay about a year ago. I really like the size of it, and it holds quite a bit of thread. The beautiful purple background fabric was woven by my mom about three years ago.

Now it's decision time... do I work on organizing for a little bit longer, or should I sit down and tat? I'll fill you in on my decision later!

15 comments:

  1. Easy answer - tat. Do I win a prize for knowing that this is what you'll do?!?!?!? TEASING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having the courage to throw things out! Hmmm, cleaning or tatting, what a wrenching choice to have to make! LOL!

    That fabric your mom wove is gorgeous! I love the color and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane
    amiga querida
    você como sempre fazendo maravilhas.
    vim deixar um grande bj no coração
    conte com meu carinho
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon tatting and then a little bit of cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm my first choice would be tatting of course. But if you really want to be true to your resolution then do a little cleaning and use tatting as a treat. It might work but if it were me I would just get into my tatting and forget about the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning vs Tatting? Is there any question!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely tatting :)

    I've been de-cluttering and organizing my house too - but started on the kitchen and bathroom and have been putting off the sewing/tatting room. Yikes! I don't know if I can THROW the things I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel exactly like you. I really do need to clean and organize all my stuff. However, right now after I get off the computer, I'm going to do some more tatting. Your work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My you have had a wonderfully productive week. I totally understand the need to clean and organize but that can only be done in short spurts...we must create! Tatting is so much more rewarding. Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for tatting...with all the work you have been doing, you need the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ola! querida amiga
    Diane
    vim te dar um grande abraço e beijo
    c/carinho
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you sat down and did more of your beautiful tatting! Gosh this one is so pretty, Diane...just like all your others! Mom's weaving is beautiful as well!...I'm sending lots of snowy wishes your way, so hopefully you'll see some flakes soon! xo Paulette :D

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!