Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wimpy hermit


I've become a bit of a wimpy hermit in the past year. If it's slick or extremely cold, I don't leave the house without a helping hand. I admit it... I have a fear of falling again! However, I don't like being out of touch, so I spend probably an hour or two online most days. I like to see what others are doing... it keeps me inspired!

I also love to shop online! Luckily, I'm strong enough to set limits for myself every month. I'm sure I could get into big trouble really quickly!

One of my favorite places to shop is Grizzly Mountain Arts. Dave and Jo create fabulous works of art, and I can't seem to get enough of their pieces! This is my latest purchase from them... a scrimshawed fossil ivory pendant with my name in Ogham, an ancient Celtic language (I'm English, Irish, German, and Scottish, so I think my love of all things Celtic comes naturally!), and two beautiful shuttles! I can't wait to try them out! I love the bookmark... it helps me remember how to get to their site! ; )

8 comments:

  1. I'm like you Diane I love Grizzly Mountain Arts and the things they make. It is so tempting to buy everything they make. I really like your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only postage wasn't so expensive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    I too have a fear of falling again. We should start a club.
    It has been snowing here for 2 days now and I have not left the house. :D

    I love the shuttles you got. I am wanting to try using some of the more fun shapes myself.

    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very wise for you to have someone with you if you have fallen before in the snow and ice. It's no laughing matter to fall on the ice unless your bones are made of mostly cartilege like the little ones!
    I love Grizzly Mountain Art's beautiful things! I have only one shuttle from them, but I sure would love more! Enjoy your shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, thank you sooo much for the lovely compliments! We have such GREAT customers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting one of their blue or red (or both!) celloid shuttles. I don't like to use flat shuttles and I do have a few but decided not to get any more since I don't like to use them. I wouldn't turn one of theirs down, mind you, but there are other pieces I would rather have. Maybe some of their crochet hooks or lace bobbins....

    I understand your caution about going out in the weather. I fell several weeks ago on ice at work, in spite of the fact that my dept. has an awareness campaign going on about slips, trips and falls on ice. I think it sneaks up under your feet when you look up to make sure you're not walking into a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your purchases are beautiful Diane. I haven't shopped with them yet, but I need to. Let's see, I'm Irish, Scottish, English, French and Cherokee Indian. (Guess that explains my temper.) I probably need a Celtic pendant too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ARE lovely....don't feel wimpy...we don't want you to ever break another bone!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!