Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Small round purse


I finished the small round purse from Crochet - made easy by Anne-Lise Hald this morning. It's a gift for a friend, and I made a few minor changes to the pattern. The pattern shows the two circles joined about 3/4 of the way around with an open top. I thought that it would be nice to have a button closure, especially if it will be used as a little purse. The strap called for a crocheted chain, but I wanted something a little more substantial, so I used the pattern for cord #2 from Romanian Point Lace: A Course for Beginners by Sylvia Murariu. When I finished the cord, I thought a little bit of a ruffled edge would look nice, so I sent around the bag one more time.

When it was finished, I thought hmmm... looks like a perfect little tatting bag! So, I put a ball of Coats & Clark's tatting thread and a SewMate shuttle in the picture. I think my friend will really like this bag!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That's exactly what I thought of the bag, Diane! What a cute little tatting bag. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautifully dainty bag! Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky friend! You added that special touch that makes it one of a kind.
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!