Thursday, December 27, 2007

Eva's hat



A while back, I crocheted some really wonderful, thick hats. Thinking that the smallest one would fit my 5 year old granddaughter, Eva, I called her up and asked her if she would like me to make her a hat. Eva said yes, but what surprised me was that she didn't wait to hear about the hat I'd already made in her favorite color, blue. Before I could say anything, Eva told me that she wanted a red hat with blue flowers all around (not all over, all around), with ear flaps, and ties.

What's a grandma to do? I didn't have enough red on hand, so Dave and I went shopping for yarn yesterday. My friend Denise gave me the 2008 Pattern-A-Day Crochet calendar. As I was looking through it, I found a child's ear flap cap. With a few minor adjustments (thicker ties, and blue flowers), I finished Eva's hat a few minutes ago. We're taking it to her this afternoon. I hope she likes it!

5 comments:

  1. What's a grandmother to do, indeed? Of course you had to make the hat! Unless, of course, she had been a bad little girl, which I sincerely doubt! I'm sure she will love it. If she doesn't, it's her fault since you built it to her specifications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It beautiful! She will love it! What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva loved the hat! Of course, Grandma forgot the camera, so no pictures... I'm too young to be forgetful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Gidget and Moondoggy!
    Love the hat, I'm sure Eva does too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when you can do what they ask? Lovely hat and I'm sure you'll complete all those UFO's in 2008.
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!