Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Challenging myself...


My New Year's resolution is to complete one unfinished project per month... I'll still have many unfinished projects, but at least I'll get 12 finished before the end of 2008! This morning I finished an afghan for my friend Sue. The afghan was 2/3 completed when it was given to me... I just wasn't motivated to work on it. I'll take it to Sue today so that she can give it to her mother. What next? Let's see... there's the afghan I started 14 years ago when we moved into the house, the afghan I started for our 25th anniversary (2 years ago), the sweater that just needs the sleeves sewn on, the baby quilt for Aimee, the flannel baby quilt that I started when Alison was pregnant with Eva (she's 5), the quilt I started for Alison's high school graduation (1994), a Patricia Kristoffersen doily, the lace scarf... oh, dear! That's just off the top of my head!

I also need to catch up on my Square Deal Weave-Along... I think I'm four weeks behind now! I bought yarn to make hats, scarves, and mittens for each of my four daughters, my two sons-in-law, my three grandchildren, and my husband... for next Christmas. If I want to get tatted ornaments done, I'd better start that today... 2 per month is my minimum goal... 1 per week would be fabulous!

I think the only way I can accomplish all this is to retire, but that's 12 years away! I think I'd better get going right now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! So much to do, but I'm glad someone is able to set goals like this. It is much better than my day to day wandering. Good luck and keep us posted. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all start with the best of intentions and then other things become higher priorities. Finishing them off is simply a matter of making the decision and sticking with it. Although I doubt that grown kids would have much use for baby items so you need to find another baby, or abandon those projects and reclaim the materials :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific resolution! I have every confidence that you will follow through...with our encouragement of course!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!