Tuesday, November 6, 2007

There's a chill in the air!


I've been inspired by TATBiT and Sherry Pence to pick up my crochet hook and use up some of my yarn stash. Ok, ok... I admit it. None of this yarn was from my stash. There was a sale at Michael's, and I just had to try this stuff out! My family will love these hats... they're so thick. I'd never be able to wear one... they're so thick! I have a lot of hair on the top of my head, so I need a light weight hat... thank you TATBiT!

The pattern is from a wonderful site that my friend Denise found... CrochetGarden.com
Denise and I suffer from what Denise calls "flight of fancy"... we get so excited about something someone else has done, that we decide to try it out. Therefore, we have many different types of projects going on. Denise usually manages to finish many more projects than I do. Right now we're both on a roll with these hats. Do you hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling?

The green hat at the top is Red Heart Super Saver... a very bulky hat, a little stiff. The blue hat on the bottom is Red Heart Fiesta. The other two hats are Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand Yarns... a very soft acrylic... nice to work with. The yarn and the hook determine the size of the hat. I feel like I've made hats for the three bears... the green one's too big, the blue one's too small... the two in the middle are just right!

5 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I wish I could follow a crochet pattern. Anyhow your family will love them.
    Incidently, did you know that hats like this are selling for $30 and up in shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hats look so yummy and warm! I have given Michael's a bit of my money as well. I'm making hats for Isaac, but might keep going and put some on Etsy. Mine are knitted, but about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Great hats! I haven't looked at her site yet, and love the hat pattern that you used. So, two thumbs up for the Vanna yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hat is ever to big or too small -- you just need to gift them to someone with a suitabily sized head. :) I really like the blue one (but that's my favorite color). In fact I liked these so much I went off to collect the pattern. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh niiiiice hats. Your stash, indeed, we know we all go buy more even when we do not need it. You should see how much tatting thread I have. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!