Monday, November 12, 2007

Reading for inspiration...

I've been reading lots of blogs for inspiration the past two weeks, but I just haven't had much time to tat. My daughter Carol has been working hard with middle school students, and this weekend there were three performances of The Royal Bachelor. I used to direct plays when Carol was in middle school, so I know that they're a lot of fun, but they're also a lot of work! For the past seven weeks, Carol has been coming to our house to nap, while I made dinner. Then she'd be off to play practice from 6-8 p.m. That's a big load at the end of a school day... Carol teaches high school geography, world history, and psychology/sociology. While she was busy directing, I helped (in a small way) with formatting programs (Carol did most of the typing), shopping for concessions, setting up and cleaning up dessert theater, supervising concessions, and making my stage debut! Carol needed some grandma types to player elderly bachelorettes for the new king to choose from for a wife. My friend Pat (the school secretary) was brave enough to go on stage with me Saturday night... we managed to stay composed and not start laughing uncontrollably... we tend to do that... our superintendent jokes that we need to be separated at any school function. It was all great fun, but I'm glad it's over! In a week, Carol and her co-director will start planning for the high school production of Grease. I'll continue with my supporting role of mom... maybe I'll be able to find some time to tat again!

2 comments:

  1. Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee!

    You can add tatting to your bobby-sox! Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!