Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ornament #3


I've finally finished my third ornament... the green one! It's not my favorite, but I'm going to use it anyway. I think I would have liked it better if it had an even number of pattern repeats instead of an odd number. It just looks unbalanced to me. I got brave with this one and didn't follow a pattern. I think I'll use a pattern for the next one!


Does anyone recognize this little angel? I tatted her over the summer, and I'd love to give credit to the designer (and make more angels), but I can't remember where I got the pattern. I think my tatting skills have improved since I made this one. It sure would be fun to do another and see if I've learned as much as I think I have!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely ornaments!

    I never tried any =( was always too afraid that they wouldn't fit right!

    I sure your tree is going to be BEAUTIFUL with all those precious decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I have several pieces that are way too big for the balls. I've just tucked them away to use somewhere else. That tatting on the green ball is snug, but I figure I don't have to worry about that one falling off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green one. It's asymmetrical not odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they all look lovely. From an artist's point of view odd numbers are more desirable that even numbers so I think the green ornament works well!
    The angel is pretty too especially with the blue weaved backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornaments are lovely! I can't wait to see your tree. The angel is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane :)

    Lovely work! I was going to do the same this year for family, but time hasn't permitted :( I love giving ornaments as gifts because they become heirloom items. Your tree is going to look beautiful - full of love :)

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ornaments, nice and simple yet has tatting! I don't have any tatting on my tree yet, but then I've never tatted any snowflakes either so that would be fun to do!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,

    The ornaments are really nice. Good job!

    The designer of the angel is Lenore English.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to mention that the pattern is available here;

    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/
    Valley/6896/angel4pat.html

    (You'll have to copy and paste the URL)

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Jeff! Of course, once I go and get the pattern, you know I'll find my original!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!