Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Weaving Wednesday


This is pattern #5 - Ribbing from the Square Deal Weave-Along. The blue is Lion Brand Baby Soft. The green is Red Heart... weaving with worsted weight is very hard on my hands, but I like the look!


When I get stuck on any type of needlework project, I tend to abandon it... sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently. Then I move on to something else, something that at least seems easier! This is the beginning of my newest tatting... Design #1 from page 7 of Tatting: 60 Original Lace Treasures by Christel Weidmann. The thread is Yarnplayer's "Summer Trail" size 50. I didn't measure, so the space between the rings is not the 1/4" that's called for. I'm going to finish this one anyway. I want to see how it turns out with incorrect measuring... I can be pretty stubborn!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty! It looks very good to me. You must be good at "eyeballing" it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weaving and the tatting. Your eyeballing is better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quarter inch spacing will allow the edging to be straighter. Larger spacing will make it a little bit bigger. Thing of the circumference of a circle compared to the circumference of a bigger circle. The whole thing is ultimately constrained by the size of the large rings. If you want it to actually BE bigger you can also make the joining picots of the large rings longer. I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, that does make sense! I guess part of my problem is that I don't understand the mathematics part of design until someone explains it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!