Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fragmented fragment


I was inspired by Tatman's recent posting about tatting with fine thread. This tiny piece is part of "Briar Fragments" from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior, page 81. I used King Tut quilting thread, color #934. I'm amazed at how tiny a piece I was able to tat... with no mistakes! I'm not sure if I'll make the other half of this fragment, or leave it as is to decorate a shuttle.

The blue square is pattern #2 - Crossroads from the Square Deal Weave-Along. The directions suggest making multiple squares to create diamond patterns. I may have to do that!

4 comments:

  1. You are FAST. There are going to be some patterns that were just made for your tatted motifs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diamonds..they are my favorite so far!
    Be careful...you might get addicted to the small threads as I have and when you use size 20 it feels enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the colors available in the King Tut threads? I like your little fragment and think it would look great decorating a shuttle -- or pressed into one of Sherry's ceramic shuttles. :)
    I like your diamond pattern weaving. Can you do them in thread? A bunch would make a stunning placemat, especially embellished with some little tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!

    Jana, I love working with the Weavette because I can complete something very pretty in a very short time!

    Sherry, I think I am addicted to the small thread already! The King Tut is amazingly smooth! Would thread that fine work with your shuttles?

    Marty, I do love the colors available in King Tut. In fact, I just ordered some more. I don't think I'll live long enough to use up all the thread I have! Yes, I can weave with thread. I would probably need to starch it pretty heavily so that the shape would hold. I guess I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!