Monday, October 29, 2007

Autumn Leaves


This pretty little leaf is from Nancy Tracy's Tat's Where I Stopped (p. 32, November - Autumn Leaves). I used Yarnplayer's "Summer Trail" size 50.

Believe it or not, this little leaf took me hours! The directions are wonderful... I just couldn't make a lock join to save my soul! I worked on this beauty for the entire Chicago Bears football game, about a half hour this morning, and about another half hour when I got home from school. I think I need to find where I put my tatting videos and take a refresher course! I'm much better when I can watch an expert demonstrate techniques... words and still pictures just don't help me get the message processed correctly so that my hands can function!

5 comments:

  1. The leaf is very pretty, and yes, I can imagine that it took that long. People have no idea how much time is involved, especially if something is confusing. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. You patience was worth the effort, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful leaf! I'll have to check my book...I don't remember this one, but it could be the thread makes it really stand out more.

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaf turned out so lovely!
    Still pictures don't help as much as videos, true, but I've got an illustration of the "lock join" at
    www.geocities.com/yarnplayer/flower_bookmark.html
    just in case that is of any help at all.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!