Monday, September 17, 2007

I came from Alabama with my tatting on my knee...


My apologies to Stephen Foster! My sister Janet and I just spent a delightful weekend in Alabama visiting our parents... but I really did have my tatting on my knee, both on the way to Alabama and back to Chicago! On the flight down I finished "Angelica" from page 100 of Mary Konior's Tatting in Lace. "Angelica" used up most of what I had left of the size 20 Cool Green color from Yarnplayer. Marilee's thread is really wonderful to work with! I know I should have blocked it, but I wanted to post a picture today... I'll post a better one later in the week.

I also took along my Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I tried working on "Faith" on the way down... I really messed up! I worked on "Hope" on the way back with the hopes that my tatting would improve, or rather my reading of tatting patterns! "Hope" is nearly finished, and if all goes well, I'll post a picture in the next couple of days.

I haven't read a blog since Wednesday! (I think it was Wednesday!) So, I'm off to catch up with what everyone's doing!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! I also have that book -- it has lots of good ideas in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in Alabama! Shame on you being that close to me and I didn't know it. Maybe next time you come....
    I love your Angelica and the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattycat ~ I'll be back in Alabama between Christmas and New Years Day. We visit my parents in Spanish Fort (near Mobile) every other year. Maybe we could meet for coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!